Valentine’s Day is looming ladies and gents, but you still have a week to get some presents, make a reservation at a fancy restaurant or book yourselves into a plush hotel. I have some très romantic date ideas to sort you all out. I hope you all love Cork 😉
- Enjoy a stay at the Couples Cottages in West Cork. These four star luxury cottages are perfect for a romantic getaway. Choose to stay in a treehouse, a barn or a beautiful rustic cottage. With wood-burning stoves, huge flat-screen tvs, an array of channels and DVDs, jacuzzi baths and hot-tubs to enjoy, depending on which property you choose to stay in, you’re sure to have a loved up break away.
- Or choose to stay in the heart of Cork City, in the gorgeous Hayfield Manor Hotel. Set on a hilltop, which overlooks Cork’s stunning university grounds, this hotel and spa deliver 5 star luxury to their guests. If it’s a romantic break you’re looking for, you’re sure to have one here. The hotel is a five minute walk from all of Cork’s top amenities, if you’re looking to get out and about. Here are a few ideas of how to keep yourself entertained on a stay in Cork. Choose from three great Valentine’s offers, or opt to have dinner at Orchid’s Restaurant or in Perrott’s Garden Bistro if you’d prefer.
- The Lewis Glucksman Gallery on the UCC campus is another gorgeous spot for Valentines. The contemporary gallery is set in an award-winning building. The current exhibition being shown is entitled Everything Must Go: Art and the Market. You can also experience ‘delicious dining in a picturesque setting’ in the gallery’s Fresco Restaurant, which would make an ideal Valentine’s surprise on a Sunday afternoon. You can even opt for a picnic basket and dine al fresco if the weather is sunny. The romance is killing me! The gallery is open from 2-5 on Sunday and 10-5 Tuesday- Saturday.
- The Blackrock Castle and Observatory is also a stunning vantage point in Cork. If you love astronomy, this is the place for you. There’s nothing more romantic than stargazing, particularly on these pretty castle grounds 😉 You can also have a superb dining experience in the Castle Restaurant, which is open from 10 until 8 on Sunday next.
- Romeo and Juliet with Cork Concert Orchestra will be showing at 8 pm at the City Hall on Valentine’s night. One for all you star-crossed lovers.
- Finally, On the Pig’s Back at Patrick’s Mills in Douglas are hosting Valentine’s Eve with Greenshine at 8 pm. Admission is €10. There is a pre-concert candlelit meal at 6 pm. Three courses for €27.50. It sounds very atmospheric for all you lovebirds out there!
So, there’s plenty for all of you who have been hit with Cupid’s arrows to get up to next weekend. Make it a special one.
Have any of you any other recommendations for date night? Leave them in the comments below.