I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. I’m back to blog, and I’m armed with some serious beauty haulage. Santa really spoiled me this year 😉
As you all know, I have been on a quest to find some vegan, cruelty free alternatives to some of my old favourite eye shadows. I have to say that I honestly didn’t have to look much further than Sleek.
The Sleek line up consists of an amazing array of products, but the i-Divine palettes are my personal must-haves. Each palette features 12 gorgeous eye-shadows and the palettes come in 15 different shade selections to suit any mood.
The shadows are highly pigmented, the palettes contain plenty of stunning shimmer shades and include a matte colour for blending. The colour pay off is intense and long lasting, and there are colour palettes to suit all eye colours, skin tones, seasonal looks, party looks and subtle everyday looks. They are also a steal at only €10.49 each!
Prior to Sleek products becoming widely available in Ireland, I used to stock up on palettes while holidaying in the UK. You just can’t beat Superdrug for a make-up haul! While the Storm palette has always been a firm favourite of mine, I was on a mission to find a gorgeous cranberry eye shadow for Christmas. The Sunset palette has just the colour.
It features some stunning reds, oranges and golds, with a splash of ocean blue to add to the beachy vibe of the palette. There is also a matte black, which will add intensity to any look.
Although the palette has quite a summery feel to it, there are some amazing golds and cranberry reds to create a warm, winter eye. And I definitely think that there are some potential dupes for MAC Coppering and MAC Cranberry in this mix.
- Begin by applying a base colour all over the lid. I tend to use Combust from the Naked Smoky palette a lot these days.
- Use the shade second from bottom right, Starry, from the Sunset palette in the socket and blend upwards.
- Apply the bottom left colour from Storm palette into your crease. Smoke it out with a fluff brush. Bring this under your eye.
- Use the shade third from bottom left of your Sunset palette, Dawn, and pack it on all over the lid. Blend.
- I highlight my brow bone with the Ecliptic shade from the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette.
- Kohl line your lids and smudge it into the lash line.
- Apply false lashes if desired.
- Liquid line your lids if desired.
- Tight line the eye to intensify the smoky look.
- Complete your make up as desired.
- Use Sahara, the coral shade from the Sleek Dancing Til Dusk Eye and Cheek palette on your cheeks. This palette features eye shadows from the i-Divine Au Naturel palette.
- A nude or taupe lip is stunning with this look. Try the bottom left shade from the Sleek 4 Lipstick Palette in the shade Ballet.
- Prep and prime your lids.
- Start out with Combust all over the lid again.
- Apply the Neon Pink shade from the i-Divine Acid palette (currently half price) to intensify your cranberry shade.
- Apply the cranberry shade second from left at the top of your Sunset palette, Horizon, over the fuschia.
- Apply the shade first from left bottom row, Dusk, to your crease and blend upwards and outwards.
- Bring this down under your eye.
- Blend this colour out further with the yellow shade, Sunrise, (second from right, top) in the Sunset palette.
- Also bring this under your eye.
- Use your matte black shade, Nightfall, to define your outer v and lightly blend it into your crease.
- Highlight brow bone.
- Smudge some kohl liner into the lash line.
- Apply false lashes and a coating of mascara.
- Apply winged liquid liner and liner to your waterline.
- Complete your usual make-up and fill in brows.
- Use the pink cheek colour, Mirrored Pink, from the Dancing ’til Dusk Eye and Cheek Palette.
- Highlight with the Sleek Solstice palette, which is gorgeous.
- Complete with a nude lip, such as the bottom right shade in the Sleek 4 Lipstick Palette in Ballet.
Sleek have a winter sale on at the moment and some of the gorgeous products I have outlined are available at 50% off. Visit www.sleekmakeup.com.