Halloween is almost upon us, so here’s a few ideas on how to spend it this year:
1) The Nightmare Realm, Ireland’s first premier scare house experience, is in Albert Quay, Cork, until November 1st, and is open nightly from 7 to 10pm.
It is packed full of ‘terrifying themes, scenes and characters’, and I’m not going to lie, I won’t be going! I’ve heard great reviews from others about how truly terrifying it is though.
2) If that’s not frightening enough for you, you can opt to celebrate Halloween in Cork’s most haunted venue-not scary at all! Cork City Gaol have a fancy dress disco from 7:30-midnight.
There will be complimentary beer and wine, food provided by Apache Pizza and 2 of Cork’s best DJs will be DJing. Tickets are €30, with all proceeds going to the Counselling Centre.
3) The Dragon of Shandon Parade-Cork again, is kicking off at 7pm, when the dragon will emerge from the underworld to roam amongst the people of Cork.
This year marks the tenth anniversary of the festival and it is the first year that the dragon will hit the city!
The parade begins in Cork’s Cultural Quarter, Shandon and will continue to North Main Street, Castle Street, Cornmarket Street and Kyle Street.
There is something for young and old alike, with circus, live music, storytelling, hot food, mini monster ball, ghost tours, theatre and more. It’s set to be incredible!
4) If you’re up the country, Westport House in Mayo are having a Halloween party that’s sure to thrill you with its scary waxworks, costumes and creepy cupcake decorating in the Spooky Spider’s workshop. They’re also having a monster mash disco! Tickets are €19.95 and are available from http://www.westporthouse.ie.
5) Most clubs and pubs nationwide are fancy dress this Saturday, with prizes for best dressed. So, get creative with your costumes peeps-there are prizes at stake!
6)There’s plenty to freak you out on the big screens this week. Crimson Peak, Paranormal Activity:The Ghost Dimension, The Last Witch Hunter-take your pick.
7) And lastly, if you’re planning on having a cosy night in, cut the romance and have those horror movies at the ready.
Whatever you decide to do this Halloween, have fun and stay safe! Enjoy!