Happy Saturday everybody!
I’m sure, by now, we’re all well and truly getting our spook on for next week. We’re all decided on masks and make-up, have bought or made our costumes and have stocked the cupboards for all the adorable trick or treaters. But, let’s not forget the most important spirits of all this Halloween- Vodka, Rum and Whiskey 🙂
Quench your thirst with a mix that packs a Punch this Halloween.
(Cranberry juice, if desired)
Fruit pieces of choice. I like apple chunks, orange and lemon slices. Use anything, from pineapple to starfruit, whatever you like.
1) Pour all the juice in a large clear bowl.
2) Add in your desired amount of alcohol. (Don’t be too heavy-handed with measures, because this goes down way too easy). 3 cups of tonic water can be used to substitute the spirits, if you’re going tee-total on this.Not such a bad idea 😉
3) Stir well. Leave to set for 2-3 hours.
4) Add your fruit pieces and ice cubes.
This tasty tipple is sure to leave you feeling fruity 😉
Feel festive with the mulled wine of Halloween, Spiced Apple Cider
1.5l Apple juice
100 mls Spiced Rum (Cider can be used instead of apple juice and rum if preferred. Leave out rum or cider completely if you want a non-alcoholic version)
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Cinnamon sticks, and orange and apple slices to decorate
1) Heat the apple juice and rum in a small pot, over a low heat.
2) Stir in spices and keep stirring until they are fully infused in the mixture.
3) Pour into a lovely glass mug and decorate with some cinnamon sticks and some apple or orange as preferred.
And, finally, if you want to drink something really scary, try a Zombie.
* Warning- Contains a whole lot of alcohol
90 ml White rum
30 ml Dark rum
30 ml Pineapple juice
30 ml Orange juice
30 ml Lime juice
15 ml Apricot brandy
1 tsp Sugar
1) Blend all the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker.
2) Top off with a little bit of white rum (Bacardi).
3) Garnish with a slice of lime, a sprig of mint. Don’t forget to put a cherry on top 🙂
Lastly, make sure all you lovelies remember to drink sensibly this Halloween. Have fun!
xx ❤ Sarah